As per the statistics, Scoliosis affects millions of children, teens and adults every year. Patients of this disorder suffer from their backbone curved to a side; the spine typically appear like a ‘c’ or ‘s’.
The types of Scoliosis are differentiated based on the age of the patient, the reason behind it and the spinal curvature. There are two main types of Scoliosis:
- Structural Scoliosis – the reasons behind this is neuromuscular disorders, certain infections, injuries, connective tissue disorders, birth defects, metabolic diseases and others
- Non-structural Scoliosis – this occurs due to underlying causes such as difference in the length of leg, inflammatory conditions like Appendicitis or muscle spasms, etc.
- Idiopathic Scoliosis – this is most common type based on age, affecting a lot of patients and the reasons behind the occurrence of this can be injuries, hereditary conditions, infections, tumours, difference in leg length, etc. There are three types in this:
- Infantile Scoliosis
- Juvenile Scoliosis
- Adolescent Scoliosis
- Congenital Scoliosis – happens due to an unusually shaped bone that is there from birth
- Neuromuscular Scoliosis – occurs due to muscular weakness or neuromuscular disorders such as Cerebral Palsy or Spina Bifida
- Degenerative Scoliosis – strikes ageing adults with their spines weakened due to ageing
There is a varied range of surgical options for this disorder; but a Spinal Fusion gives amazing results. In this particular procedure, the surgeons fuse two or more vertebrae, and this fusion helps these bones to grow into a single bone, which won’t have much mobility. Further, with more sophisticated forms of surgical techniques and instrumentation choices like screws, rods, hooks, screws and/or wires, the Spinal Fusion procedure provides much more enhanced correction of the spinal curvature. Also, when compared to other traditional techniques, the recovery in Spinal Fusion is quicker, smoother and also brings long-term respite.
India is blessed with every kind of treatment techniques and that too at very cost effective prices. The international patients can find the lowest cost Scoliosis surgery in India very easily with the help of the leading medical tourism service provider, Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants.
Finding the perfect surgical cure is a very challenging job for patients specifically belonging to an underprivileged nation like Nigeria. Same happened with Mr. Mohammed, who was going through excruciating back pain for quite a long time. After a detailed evaluation was done, he was found to be suffering from Scoliosis. The surgery required was not only a complex one but also very expensive and because it was not possible in Nigeria, he tried finding better options and came across Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants.
“I read about this group and also went through some patient testimonials. I found their services very convincing and also found lowest cost scoliosis surgery in India possible with them. Once finalized, they arranged each and everything related to my medical tour. Even thought I was in a foreign country, Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants did their best to make me feel at home. I went ahead with the Scoliosis surgery, which was done by a very experienced spine surgeon of India. Although the surgery was lengthy, the outcome of completely positive and later with the help of physiotherapy and apt medications, I recovered very well. I am immensely thankful to Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants and the hospital members for helping me get through this difficult time.”
Read more about scoliosis surgery in India here.