Diabetes is when your blood sugar or glucose which is the main source of energy in the body is too high. It comes from the food you eat and also made in the muscles and liver. The blood carries glucose to all the cells in the body to use for energy.
Types of Diabetes
The three main types of diabetes are type 1, type 2 and gestational diabetes. You can develop diabetes at any age, irrespective of the gender.
Causes and Risk Factor
The causes of diabetes are:
- The pancreas, an organ located between the stomach and spine releases a hormone called as insulin into the blood to help digestion.
- This helps the blood to carry glucose all to the cells of the body.
- But sometimes, your body does not make enough insulin or it does not work the way it should thereby the glucose will stay in the blood and do not reach the cells.
- The blood glucose levels get too high and cause diabetes and over time too much glucose in the blood will cause health problems.
The risk factors of diabetes include:
- Race or ethnic background
- Family history
- Poor Diet
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Sedentary Lifestyle
- Obesity and fat distribution
- Gestational diabetes
- Multiple risk factors
Too much glucose in the blood can lead to serious health problems and complications known as diabetic complications which include:
- Diabetic retinopathy or eye problems
- Diabetic neuropathy or nerve damage
- Heart diseases and stroke
- Diabetic nephropathy or kidney damage
How to Treat Diabetes?
Surgery for diabetes will differ as per the type of diabetes:
- Surgery for type 1 diabetes: It is done only in special situations as in replacing the pancreas as in a pancreas transplant or to insert a working pancreases’ cells which is also called as islet transplantation which is experimental. The intensive insulin therapy is an aggressive treatment designed to control the blood sugar levels.
- Surgery for type 2 diabetes: Surgery can strongly improve this condition. The bariatric surgery and ileal interposition are considered to be an effective treatment option for people with diabetes.
- Non Surgical
Although diabetes cannot be cured, you can live a long and healthy life by controlling the blood sugar levels by eating a healthy diet, maintaining a healthy weight, exercising and taking oral medicines or insulin if required.
India is the Best Place for Treating Diabetes
There are many reasons why India is the best place for treating diabetes which includes, world class medical facilities, state of the art technology at par with the best in the Western countries, highly qualified and well trained medical experts and professionals from the top medical schools from across the globe and incredibly cost effective treatment for diabetes. Diabetes surgery and treatments in India are available at the most affordable costs at the top hospitals located across the country. We have the latest state of the art hi-tech equipments and technology.
Get the Best Support from us
Diabetes surgery and treatments in India has evolved and improved with the course of time and now we offer quality diabetes surgery and treatments under the world’s best renowned surgeons in India at Forerunners Healthcare Consultants. We are the first government registered health tourism company of India offering affordable medical and healthcare services at par with the international standards. We provide the highest quality at our network hospitals offering a range of procedures and our English speaking staff ensure providing you quality medical services and care.
Forerunners Health Consultants in India is a pioneer offering affordable costs treatments and surgery for diabetes from the best surgeons at the top hospitals situated at different cities. Most of the international patients who got their diabetes treatments and surgery in India have had an amazing experience with our assistance. We ensure to provide the state of the art comforts and facilities from skilled doctors and compassionate nurses. All you have to do is send us your medical report and rest assured. We will choose the best suitable surgeon for you after consulting the experts.
Read more about :