What is Radiation therapy?
Almost half of the Cancer patients are recommended some or the other type of Radiation Therapy while they are undergoing Cancer treatment. In Radiation therapy, high energy radiation is used to shrink the tumours and kill the Cancer cells. The various types of Radiation used are X-rays, Gamma Rays and charged particles. This radiation can be delivered by a machine placed outside the body, which is known as External Beam Radiation Therapy, or it can be done from some kind of radioactive material placed inside the patient’s body near the Cancer cells and this process is called as Internal Radiation Therapy, also known as Brachytherapy).
There is Systemic Radiation Therapy that is implemented with the usage of radioactive substances like Radioactive Iodine which travel in the blood stream to kill the Cancer cells.
Which diseases are treated using Radiosurgery?
The type of Radiation Therapy recommended depends on the following factors:
- Type of Cancer
- Location of Cancer
- How far or deep inside the body the Radiation has to be given
- The patient’s health condition, age and medical history
The usage of Radiation Therapy helps in the treatment of the following:
- Acoustic Neuroma
- Liver Cancer
- Bone Cancer
- Metastatic Brain Cancer
- Arteriovenous Malformations
- Lung Cancer
- Paranasal Sinus Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Trigeminal Neuralgia
- Spinal Cord Tumours
- Soft Tissue Sarcomas
Radiation Therapy has emerged as an extremely beneficial and effective form of treatment for the Cancer affected. There are high doses of Radiation delivered yet there is no damage caused to the healthy cells. Also, there are no incisions involved and thus the patients can very quickly get back to their routines.
Best Hospitals in India for Radiosurgery
India is extremely blessed in the matter of hospitals because there are state-of-the-art hospitals, which have the best amenities associated with Radiosurgery treatment. Radiation Therapy in Indian hospitals is a highly favoured procedure and some of the best hospitals offering this highly specialized treatment are:
- Apollo Hospitals, Chennai
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospital, Delhi
- Fortis Hospital, Noida
- Artemis Hospital, Gurgaon, Delhi
- Narayana Cancer Hospital, Bangalore
As the availability of the most progressive treatment methodologies ensure the inflow of international patients, another feature, which has attracted the attention of patients from all over the world, is the affordability. No matter how advanced form of treatment is chosen by the patients, they can very comfortably save a lot of money because even the most advanced treatment packages are very reasonably priced; especially the best hospitals for Radiosurgery Treatment in India offer this at very cost effective prices.
Where can I consult to get affordable Medical Treatment?
As India’s popularity keeps on rising, more and more international patients are getting attracted towards the marvellous medical tourism attributes that are easily viable here. But it is important that these patients get appropriate guidance about the hospitals and doctors. In this matter, the patients can be totally relieved because the presence of Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants in India has made availing the much needed treatment a very comfortable process.
The medical tourists can reach us with the help of the following ways:
- By filling the Enquiry Form given on our website
- Emailing us at: email@example.com
- Calling us at the following numbers:
- International Helpline number – +91 9860755000
The bunch of services offered by Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants includes:
- Handling the coordination with the hospitals on patient’s behalf
- Best hospitals for Radiosurgery treatment in India chosen for our patients
- Most adept Radiation Therapy experts associated with us
- Even patients without any referrals and insurance coverage can get in touch with us
- Extremely cost effective Cancer treatment and packages arranged by us
- Radiation Therapy in Indian hospitals using the most advanced techniques
- Combining the medical tour with a pre-treatment or post-treatment vacation, when found suitable by the doctors
- Providing the best stay arrangements for the patients and their travel companion
- Updating the families of the patients about the progress of the treatment
- Following up stringently ensuring the best treatment results