Understanding Liver Cancer
Liver cancer is the abnormal growth of the liver cells in the liver. There are several types of tumors which can develop in the liver as it is made up of various cell types. These growths are benign or malignant. Cancerous tumors may begin in the liver and spread to other areas of the body through bloodstream or lymphatic system known as metastasis. These tumors may also spread from other parts of the body such as breast or lungs, bowel to your liver.
How do I know if I have Liver Cancer?
Signs and symptoms of liver cancer often don’t show up until the later stages of the disease but may show up sooner. Most common symptoms of liver cancer are:
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea or vomiting
- Weight loss without trying
- Feeling very full even after a small meal
- An enlarged liver felt as a mass under the ribs on the right side
- Pain in the abdomen or near the right shoulder blade
- An enlarged spleen felt as a mass under the ribs on the left side
- Swelling or fluid build up in the abdomen
- Yellowing of the skin and eyes i.e. jaundice
Some other symptoms include enlarged veins on the belly, fever and abnormal bruising or bleeding. If you go to doctor when you first notice the symptoms, then your cancer might be diagnosed earlier and treatment will most likely be helpful.
What are treatments for Liver Cancer?
Treatments for liver cancer surgery which may be used to treat the disease when the cancer is only in the liver and it has not spread. The following are types of surgery which may be used to treat liver cancer:
- Laparoscopic liver resection : A laparoscopic liver resection will need just three or four small keyhole incisions which are similar to those routinely used in the gallbladder operations. People treated laparoscopically have much less post-operative pain, faster return to their normal activities and a shorter hospital stay than the patients undergoing traditional open surgery.
- Liver resection : The best treatment for cancer which has not spread beyond the liver is surgical resection that will remove the part of the liver containing the tumor.
- Total hepatectomy or liver transplantation : In some cases of people with small, early stage tumors confined to the liver or bile ducts which cannot undergo resection are considered for a liver transplant. During transplantation, surgeons will remove the diseased liver and replace it with healthy and donated organ.
- Partial hepatectomy : Removal of the part of the liver where the cancer is found and this may be a wedge of tissue, a larger portion of the liver or an entire lobe along with some of the healthy tissue around it. The remaining liver tissue will take over the functions of the liver.
Why India is more preferable for Liver Cancer Treatment?
India is the most preferable for liver cancer treatment since we have the world class hospitals with latest advances in the Liver Cancer Surgery. Our network of oncologist work together with clinicians from a variety of specialties for developing an aggressive and personalized treatment plan that is tailored as per an individual’s needs. Further, the cost of liver cancer treatment in India is well within the budget of the patients from across the globe.
Support from Forerunners Healthcare
Forerunners Healthcare Consultants is a leading medical value provider in India offering assistance to the medical tourists seeking for affordable cost liver cancer treatment in India. We ensure to make our patients comfortable throughout their medical journey in India. We offer the highest quality medical care and facilities for those patients arriving from across the globe to get the benefits from the Indian Cancer experts, surgeons and physicians. We also provide the same quality of medical care with similar technological solutions and cost savings of more than 50%.
Forerunners Healthcare Consultants have association with the top cancer hospitals and the best cancer surgeons India. We ensure to provide the highest quality medical treatments and surgeries for liver cancer patients. Send us your query for low cost liver cancer treatments in India.