Traditionally, Spinal procedures meant bigger incisions, lengthy hospital stays, long recovery periods, and painful rehabilitation process. But today, a lot of merit goes to the medical advancements that progressive surgeries like the Microdiscectomy have improved this in every way.
Microdiscectomy is sometimes also referred to as Microdecompression or Microdiskectomy. Much to the relief of the patients, it is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that is recommended for patients suffering from Herniated Lumbar Disc. In this, the surgeon removes parts of the herniated disc to lessen or remove pressure from the spinal nerve column.
How surgery is done?
The objective of a Microdiscectomy procedure is to get rid of the disc material that is putting pressure on the nerves. The procedure is done under general anaesthesia and the patient has to lie face down. The whole process is as follows:
- A one inch to one and a half inch incision is made on the affected disc.
- The surgeon uses a lighted microscope to get a visual of the affected area.
- Then the surgeon removes a small portion of bone, which protects the root nerve.
- After this, with the help of scissor-like instrument, the surgeon removes the diseased herniated tissue, which ultimately relieves the pressure from the nerve.
- Then, the cut is closed with sutures.
- With the help of this procedure, the spinal nerve gets the space that its need within the spinal column, and thus the patient is relived from the pain.
- The patient is mostly discharged the same day or the next morning.
Microdiscectomy Success Rate in India
One of the major of choosing India as the final treatment destination is the abundant availability of outstanding hospitals and the associated surgeons. These hospitals have the most modern treatment equipment and techniques available, which are at par with global standards. Also, the doctors and surgeons using these advanced treatment methodologies are highly informed and enormously experienced. The implementation of these techniques is done very cautiously ultimately giving the best results. Therefore, the success rates of Microdiscectomy in India matches global benchmarks.
What to expect after Surgery?
Patients who have undergone this surgery have reported that they have benefited enormously from this procedure. There is significant reduction of pain. Because it is a minimally invasive procedure so the recovery time is much faster and thus the patients can get back to their daily routine much sooner. So with proper care, follow up and restrictions, this procedure can prove to be immensely beneficial.
Low Cost Treatment in India
Keeping in mind that patients from all walks of life with various economic conditions are visiting India, the treatment packages planned and customized accordingly. It is a very crucial benefit for the medical tourists because they are not able to avail such cost effective packages in their own countries or in other leading nations. India offers very sensibly priced treatment options; specifically the cost of Micro Lumbar Discectomy (MLD) Surgery in India is very affordable and therefore it is today one of the most sought after medical tourism hot spots in the world.
Benefits via Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants
There are massive benefits of getting treated in India. At Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants, we help you avail these benefits:
- Get treated at the best Spine Hospitals of India
- Top Spine surgeons associated with us, attend you
- Very low Cost of Micro Lumbar Discectomy (MLD) Surgery in India
- Quick and outstanding facilities for medical visa processing
- Very patient friendly environment making at all the more a pleasant experience for the patients
- Language translators to help you overcome language barriers
- Excellent follow up services to assure complete recovery
- Round the clock staff to look after all your treatment related requirements
Get low cost high end healthcare services with us. Contact at email@example.com or call on helpline number +91 9860755000.