As per the recent reports, there were around half million cases of prostate cancer in US alone in 2015, while 10 percent of people were seen losing their lives against this dreaded disease. The same reports suggest that 60 percent of cases are found among the patients of sixties, while it is rare in the age group of forties having the said disease. If you are unfortunate to have diagnosed with the dreaded prostate cancer then you need to know what should be your next course of action. Let’s find out the answer for the same in the following paragraphs:
What is Prostate Cancer?
Before exploring the course of action, we need to know about this cancer. Prostate cancer can be caused due to the prostate that is seen multiplying in an out of control fashion or tumor. Since it is a variable disease some tumours are seen remaining seen small and thus grow very much slowly that causes no issues for the rest of the life of man and others are too aggressive and grow a lot to turn life threatening issues.
Signs & Symptoms :
In the early stage, the prostate cancer simply does not have any symptoms. Hence the men who are seen above the age of 50 are seen with the prostate cancer and they can be seen with following signs or symptoms:
- Difficulty in passing the urine
- The Inability to urinate
- Too often passing the urine particularly during the night
- Weak/ interrupted kind of urine flow
- Experience pain while urinating
- Find blood in the urine
- The pain found in the lower back, upper thighs and hips
However, of all the different symptoms that can be caused due to the conditions like benign prostate enlargements. The men with all these symptoms should immediately consult a competent doctor.
Prostate Cancer Management :
At times, prostate cancer goes very slow, which do not need any treatment. However, with watchful waiting can help the patient to find the required amount of changes as per the PSA tests. Some of the commonly practiced options to manage this menace include the radiation therapy and surgery. The next option treat to prostate cancer is known as prostatectomy wherein the entire prostate gland is surgically removed, while the other options to manage the ailment including robotic radical prostatectomy, laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and traditional open radical prostatectomy.
Treatment for Prostate Cancer :
When it comes to the treatment option for prostate cancer, you have three options, which are discussed below:
- Traditional Radical Prostatectomy : The treatment option for prostate cancer includes traditional Radical Prostatectomy, which is also known as Da Vinci Robotic Prostatectomy. It is a minimally invasive surgical removal option, which involves the latest advancements in computer technology and robotics.
- Radiotherapy : The other options include Radiotherapy also termed as brachytherapy wherein the surgeon employs high energy rays in order to kill the cancerous cells. This can be employed in order to treat the prostate cancer for destroying the tumour in order to reduce the pain due to tumour cells that are seen spreading over the bones.
- Hormone Therapy : The next option comes in the form of Hormone therapy wherein the division and growth of prostate cancer cells simply depend upon the androgens, drugs can be employed in order to reduce the androgen level with the block the androgens over the cancer cells. These can helps in growing the tumor but fails to kill the same, hence they have to be considered for longer time duration. But after certain stage, a majority of prostate cancer can be seen developing with the capability in order to grow without the androgens and using the hormone therapy.
Prostate cancer can be dreaded disease for men who indulged into this. Once it is diagnosed in any patient, it can be easily treated provided it remains in the earlier stage.
To get more about :